Safaris and Fatbike Rental
On our 3- to 4-hour guided fatbike safaris, your group gets to experience Finnish wilderness firsthand.
The standard route (difficulty 2-3, length 15-20 km) is suitable for anyone with basic fitness level and ability to ride a bike. For more experienced mountain bikers, we also offer more challenging routes that require some technical skill.
Basic Safari includes
- A 3- to 4-hour guided tour with tips on riding a fat bike
- English-speaking guide
- Campfire coffee, green or black infused tea with Karelian pies/cinnamon rolls during the break
- Rental fees: Felt DD 30 fatbike, helmet and bike light
- Liability insurance
Also available for additional fees: biking gear and lunch/dinner by a campfire.
Bring with you
- Riding clothes suitable for the weather
- Something warm to wear during breaks
- Sturdy shoes
- A full water bottle
Also recommended: travel insurance, padded cycling shorts or pants, sunglasses or riding glasses.
Rent a Fatbike
Fatbikes are great for enjoying the outdoors in all four seasons. By renting a fatbike, you can explore your surroundings on your own. Fatbike was first developed in Alaska based on the mountain bike. The most notable difference between the two are the fatbike’s extra-wide tires, which enable it to roll effortlessly on virtually any surface including snow, mud, rocks and sand. Riding a fat bike is easy. It’s agile and light to pedal.
The Felt 30 DD fatbike is made from high-quality parts to satisfy even the biggest enthusiasts. To get the best out of a fatbike, try soft surfaces such as snow or mud, or take it for a spin along narrow forest paths or on a beach.
You can rent fat bikes in Bistro Nemo in Spa Hotel Peurunka in Laukaa untill the end of June of this year. If you’d rather ride in Jyväskylä, let us know; we’ll arrange a pick-up in Jyväskylä for you.
The price includes:
- Fatbike, bike helmet, lock and driving light (if needed)
Untill the end of June:
- 25 € 2 hours.
- 35 € 4 hours.
- 45 € 8 hours.
- 55 € 24 hours.
- 75 € 48 hours.
- 90 € 3 days / weekend.
- 120 € 5 days.
- 150 € 1 week.
Starting in July:
- 35€/ 3 hours
- 45€/ 6 hours
- 55€/ 8 hours
- 65€/ 1 day
- 90€/ 2 days
- 120€/ 3 days
- 30€/ per extra day
Also available for additional fees
- Biker’s survival kit including a bike pump, inner tube, chain repair kit and tire-changing toolkit.
- Felt DD 10 with front suspension and 11 speeds.
- Fat bike pick-up services in Laukaa and Jyväskylä.