Safaris and Fatbike Rental
Peurunka Fatbike Safari
On our 3- to 4-hour guided fatbike safaris, your group gets to experience Finnish wilderness firsthand.
The standard route (difficulty 2-3, length 15-20 km) is suitable for anyone with basic fitness level and ability to ride a bike. For more experienced mountain bikers, we also offer more challenging routes that require some technical skill.
Basic Safari includes
- A 3- to 4-hour guided tour with tips on riding a fat bike
- English-speaking guide
- Campfire coffee, green or black infused tea with Karelian pies/cinnamon rolls during the break
- Rental fees: Felt DD 30 fatbike, helmet and bike light
- Liability insurance
Also available for additional fees: biking gear and lunch/dinner by a campfire.
Bring with you
- Riding clothes suitable for the weather
- Something warm to wear during breaks
- Sturdy shoes
- A full water bottle
Also recommended: travel insurance, padded cycling shorts or pants, sunglasses or riding glasses.
Tailored fatbike safaris and walking safaris are also available. Sauna, accommodation and lunch/dinner by a campfire or in a restaurant available, upon request. Ask for a quote!
NB! The tour takes place when the participants is 4-12.
Rent a Fatbike
Fatbikes are great for enjoying the outdoors in all four seasons. By renting a fatbike, you can explore your surroundings on your own. Fatbike was first developed in Alaska based on the mountain bike. The most notable difference between the two are the fatbike’s extra-wide tires, which enable it to roll effortlessly on virtually any surface including snow, mud, rocks and sand. Riding a fat bike is easy. It’s agile and light to pedal.
The Felt 30 DD fatbike is made from high-quality parts to satisfy even the biggest enthusiasts. To get the best out of a fatbike, try soft surfaces such as snow or mud, or take it for a spin along narrow forest paths or on a beach.
You can rent fat bikes in Bistro Nemo in Spa Hotel Peurunka in Laukaa. If you’d rather ride in Jyväskylä, let us know; we’ll arrange a pick-up in Jyväskylä for you.
The price includes:
- Fatbike, bike helmet, lock and driving light (if needed)
- 25 € 2 hours.
- 35 € 4 hours.
- 45 € 8 hours.
- 55 € 24 hours.
- 75 € 48 hours.
- 90 € 3 days / weekend.
- 120 € 5 days.
- 150 € 1 week.
Also available for additional fees
- Biker’s survival kit including a bike pump, inner tube, chain repair kit and tire-changing toolkit.
- Felt DD 10 with front suspension and 11 speeds.
- Fat bike pick-up services in Laukaa and Jyväskylä.